Mont-HMG FORUMS Members’ Introductions Hi from Helen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Helen Anderton
    Participant

Hi Everybody, My husband and I moved to near Meifod last October from south east England. We have six and a half acres, the majority of which we are hoping to dedicate to wildlife. We have mostly sloping land consisting of three fields. One will become an organic allotment / garden. It has a very large dew pond which we plan to line to have water all year round. The far field, very steep, will be our nature reserve. Here we have a badger’s sett and I’ve spotted rabbits. we have a lot of different flora here as well. The top field, which is huge, is grass at the moment and we’re not quite sure what we’re going to do with it. We’re giving it a year so we can get used to it. We have about 30 mature oaks bordering this field, with about 50 mature trees, mostly oak with a few ash, on the site as a whole. There are birds everywhere! We’re keen to learn from people in similar positions to ourselves, although we don’t have a lot of time to join in with weekend events as we’re working on our property first! We hope to get more involved in future.

Andy-H

Hi Helen,
    Welcome; sounds like a fantastic site. It’s very wise to watch the space for a while, at least one whole year maybe more, before diving in. There’s a lot of knowledge and experience in the group so I’m sure you’ll get some useful support.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.